Many La Jollans behind a fashion event to support children and adults with disabilities in ARC programs
The Arc of San Diego’s annual gala “The Jewels of San Diego,” is back with a new twist: The Carrousel du Louvre Fashion Runway Extravaganza (produced by Leonard Simpson) will raise funds while honoring key San Diegans for their philanthropic contributions to the city. The show is set for Saturday, April 9 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, 1380 Harbor Island Dr. Doors will open at 10 a.m. for a boutique vendor show featuring jewelry, clothing, and accessories, followed by a luncheon and runway presentation.
There will also be live and silent auctions with charity auctioneer Steve Hamman. Proceeds from the event will be used so Arc of San Diego can continue to provide training, employment and residential living services to 2,500 San Diegans with disabilities.
More than 500 guests are slated to attend the extravaganza presented by FCE Benefit Administrators, Inc.; Wawanesa Insurance; Charlotte M. Gerry; Goodrich/ROHR Employees’ Will Share Club; The Hansen Family; Anne and Bob Harrison; Kaye, Rose, & Partners, Inc.; The Kurtin Family; and San Diego City Firefighters Local 145.
Tickets are $150 Couture (limited) and $100 Prêt-à-Porter seating at
(619) 685-1175 and arc-sd.com. Tables of 10 and sponsorship opportunities are also available.
- Social Life: Calendar of upcoming fundraisers and benefits: Feb. 24, 2011 issue
- Volunteers needed at Ronald McDonald House
- Harry Potter ‘premiere’ raises $14,000 for kids fighting cancer
- Social Calendar of upcoming events
- The Inn holds party for Casa de Amparo patrons
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=38718