Students from La Jolla schools qualify as National Merit finalists
A number of students from La Jolla schools have been qualified as finalists in the 2011 National Merit scholarship competition.
The students placed among the top 5 percent of more than 1.4 million students who entered the 2011 competition by taking the PSAT/NMSAT in the fall of 2009.
• From La Jolla High School: Cameron L. Bates, Amy M. Cao, Rafael S. Cosman, Torrey Y. Czech, Shawn P. Devitt, Jaena Han, Tiantian He, Alison C. Herman, Yumehiko Hoshijima, Roger H. Li, Ziru Liu, Max A. MacMillan and Mengni Xu.
• From The Bishop’s School: Laura Aguilar, Nicole Blansett, Kristen CaseyStephen Chen, Jazmin Decosmo, Benjamin Doehr, Anne Evered, Kyle Gantz, Emily Hoge, Sara Huang, Julia Pian, Alexander Sammon, and Benjamin Sobel.
• From La Jolla Country Day: David Flicker, Sean Steinberg, and Charlene Mortyn.
- La Jolla teams moving into CIF action at full speed
- Bishop’s tops LJHS for Mock Trial title
- La Jolla girls basketball preview: Expectations high for Country Day
- Sports roundup: La Jolla Country Day wins CIF cross-country title
- Cheerleaders to hold carwash Friday
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=38469