Come with a grin to Athenaeum preview of ‘A is for Art’ works in La Jolla
The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library will host the “sneak peek” preview of “A is for Art” paintings, featuring 20 canvases created by the children, teachers, and community artists of San Diego State University Children’s Center. The fine art event will include hors d’oeuvres and live music and is free and open to the public from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, March 26 at The Athenaeum, 1008 Wall Street, La Jolla.
Five of the canvases will be available in a live auction with proceeds going for curriculum materials at the children’s center.
“A is for Art,” showcases the amazing potential for creative expression by children, ages 6 months to 5 years. Each spring an exhibition of individual artwork created by center children can be a viewed in hallways, conference rooms, offices and various buildings throughout the SDSU campus from mid-March through April.
The program culminates in a special “A is for Art” exhibition and gala evening of art. This year’s event is 5:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, April 15 at KPBS Studio A, Copley Telecommunications Center, SDSU.
For more information, call Robin Judd at (619) 594-7298 or visit childcare.sdsu.edu and click on “A is for Art.”
- Two unique exhibits from Mexican artists open Friday at The Athenaeum in La Jolla
- Market Street Group plans its silver anniversary art exhibition
- Two new photo exhibits open Saturday at the MOPA in Balboa Park
- Athenaeum Music & Arts Library to host art history lectures in La Jolla
- La Jollan Vicki Reed to head San Diego arts commission
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=38235