Gillispie choir attends America Sings Festival
On a recent Saturday, 14 members of the grades 4-6 Gillispie School Choir attended the America Sings Festival in the El Dorado Park East Regional Park in Long Beach.
The students performed three songs under the direction of music teacher Linda Jacobs. Later in the day, they joined 800 other performers in a Massed-Choir Finale.
America Sings was founded in 1988 by John Jacobson. His goal was to host noncompetitive, outdoor choir festivals throughout the country. In addition to performing throughout the day, choir members performed community service.
This year the 17 children’s choir groups from California and Arizona assembled “Kits for Kids” care packages for the Orange County Ronald McDonald House and made thousands of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the Food Bank of Southern California.
- La Jolla’s Children’s School presents Winter Sing
- Bird Rock first graders share their writing
- La Jolla Elementary families donate 1,951 pounds of food
- Bird Rock fifth-graders celebrate the holidays
- Puerto Rican architect visits grandson’s La Jolla classroom
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=37919