Supporters attend gala opening of Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
Rich and Gaby Sulpizio, Tricia and Roger Estrada, Teri and Norm Hamson, Lorri Sulpizio and Cathy Bass
UCSD celebrated the grand opening of the Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center on March 5 with a gala at the center located on the UCSD Health System La Jolla campus at 9350 Campus Point Dr. In honor of the donors and supporters who gave of their time and resources to make the new state-of-the-art facility a reality, the fete included dinner, dancing and a performance by Tony Award-winning actress- singer Patti LuPone.
More than $30 million in philanthropic funds made the new facility possible, including a $10 million leadership gift from Richard and Maria (Gaby) Sulpizio. Proceeds from the party will support research, clinical care and education within the Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, which will open to the public in April.
- Natural History Museum gala touts bi-national education
- Gingerbread City raises funds for Epilepsy Foundation
- Annual Williamsburg Tea is steeped in tradition
- Gala guests reveal that Bugsy sent ‘em
- From La Jolla With Love — MCASD gala a hit with guests
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=37675