Choirs, Klezmer and classics center stage at Jewish Music Series
“We’re pleased to have such a range this year,” said spokeswoman Sylvia Bendelstein. “The series offers events to please every musical taste.”
• Evening of Flute and Cello Delights
When: 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 23
Where: JCC Garfield Theatre, 4126 Executive Dr., La Jolla
Box Office: (858) 362-1348
Raffaele Trevisani, an internationally famous flute soloist on tour from Italy, and Julian Schwarz, a cello prodigy from the Coburn School of Music, will perform the works of Bloch, Briccialdi, Morlacchi, Schocker and others.
• Aaron Kula’s Klezmer Company Orchestra
When: 2 p.m. Sunday, March 27
Where: Belly Up Tavern, 143 S. Cedros, Solana Beach
Klezmer Company Orchestra is an out-of-the-box ensemble that masterfully fuses jazz, classical and ethnic music. The music is fun and upbeat and extremely danceable — there will even be free Salsa lessons for everyone preceding the 21 and up show.
• Sing Out! San Diego Jewish Choirs
When: 1 and 4 p.m. Sunday, April 3
Where: JCC Garfield Theatre, 4126 Executive Dr.
Two distinctly different shows, but both include local adult and youth choirs celebrating the vast musical collection of Cantor Henri Goldberg. Scheduled to appear: San Diego Jewish Academy Children’s Choir, San Diego Jewish Men’s Choir, Sisterhood Shirah! Temple Adat Shalom Choirs, Temple Beth Am Choirs, Temple Beth Israel Choirs, Temple Emanu-El Youth Choir.
- Master sitarist brings Indian music to UCSD concert series
- Free afternoon piano concert Monday, Feb. 7 at the Athenaeum in La Jolla
- Music, music everywhere in La Jolla this week! Here’s a concert roundup!
- San Diego Opera to offer the community six free lectures, many in La Jolla
- SummerFest opens with 'String Spectacular'
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=37686