Your View: Bird Rock market would help our schools
I strongly support the proposed Bird Rock Farmers Market. I firmly believe that the community can and will support both the existing Sunday morning market as well as this second neighborhood venture. The Bird Rock Farmers Market promises to be a truly neighborhood gathering with shoppers coming by foot, wagon and bikes.
Certainly traffic is always a concern, but the very layout of this market and the limited accessibility for vehicular traffic outside of the surrounding area seems to speak somewhat to that concern. The experience and success of the market manager should not be downplayed; she runs several thriving neighborhood markets in San Diego and has strong ties to the local farming community.
With the delivery of 1,000s of pink slips to San Diego school teachers this week, local schools need as much help and additional funds as we can give them to continue to thrive.
- Your View: Bird Rock farmers market location a poor choice
- Your view: Farmers market is good for everyone
- Opinion: Bird Rock farmers market a promising idea
- Bird Rock group negotiating to have farmers market
- Letter to the editor: Bird Rock student’s point well taken
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=37429