Country Day advances, Bishop’s season comes to close in girls hoops
Two La Jolla high schools went their separate ways Thursday night in the CIF Division IV girls state tournament.
La Jolla Country Day advanced to the regional semifinals with a 58-39 win against JSerra (San Juan Capistrano) while Bishop’s fell short, 52-47, against L.A.C.E.S. (Los Angeles).
For the Torreys, they were led by Maya Hood, who scored 19 points and 13 rebounds, while teammate Kelsey plum added 18 points and 12 rebounds.
The loss for the Knights ends their season with a 17-12 record. They were the runner up in the CIF San Diego section, losing to LJCD on March 5.
As for the Torreys (26-4), they will host St. Anthony (Long Beach) on Saturday night at 7 p.m. The winner of that game advances to the regional finals at Colony High School in Ontario on March 19.
- Sports roundup: La Jolla Country Day wins CIF cross-country title
- Three La Jolla teams capture CIF titles during weekend
- Perfect Bishop’s Knights have high hopes in CIF playoffs
- Torreys capture tennis title
- Football playoff set, Bishop’s secures No. 1 seed
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=37098