Your View: La Jolla losing its freedoms
I read the article by Joe Parker regarding off-leash dogs at one of Bird Rock’s dog parks. I am the fourth generation in my family to be born in San Diego and I have watched our freedoms diminish as our population grows. I love the diversity that new people bring, but I regret the forcible changes they bring with them.
I am guessing that Mr. Joe Parker is not a native San Diegan, not sure how long he has lived in La Jolla, but this park and the bike path have been open and welcoming to off-leash dogs as long as I can remember. I agree that dogs should be well mannered and if they are not, then they should not be off-leash.
I am saddened by the fact that once again a freedom that we have all enjoyed for so many years may be taken away. Mr. Joe Parker I ask that you consider the desires of your neighbors rather than just your own.
- Iconic Bird Rock collapses
- Opinion: Chelsea Avenue speeds need calming
- Our View: Take time this Thanksgiving to remember the small things
- Opinion: A business-friendly approach to raising city revenue
- Opinion: Keep your friends close, enemies even closer
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=36905