Documentary screening at church in La Jolla to aid kids in need
The youth of La Jolla United Methodist Church, 6063 La Jolla Blvd., will present a screening of “Tony,” at 6 p.m. Sunday, March 13 to raise funds and awareness for kids like Tony and the incredible hardships they face on a daily basis.
“Tony” is the latest documentary from Invisible Children, a non-profit organization founded in 2003 after San Diegans Jason Russell, Laren Poole, and Bobby Bailey traveled to Africa in search of a story and discovered two decades of war in Northern Uganda. Invisible Children has since grown into a social, political and global movement using the transformative power of story to change lives.
The screening is free and open to all, however, a $5 dinner will be served at 5:15 p.m. to benefit Invisible Children. This film is not suitable for ages 10 and under. (858) 454-7108. invisiblechildren.com. lajollaunitedmethodist.org
- Free ‘Summit’ to aid those living with Parkinson’s disease
- UCSD carilloneur wants to play YOUR favorite song in La Jolla
- La Jollan needs your votes to win Super Bowl ad contest about Doritos
- Summer internships hold life lessons for students
- La Jolla’s ‘Gem’ of the week: Inspiration
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=36957