Poinsettia Bowl set for Dec. 21
City News Service
The 2011 San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl will be played this year on Dec. 21 at 5 p.m. at Qualcomm Stadium, organizers of the college football post-season game announced Monday.
The seventh annual contest will match teams from the Mountain West and
Western Athletic conferences. Unlike last year, when Navy lost to San Diego
State 35-14, the bowl does not have a team contractually bound to the game.
Brigham Young is scheduled to play in 2012, and Army is set to appear in
2013 — if those schools’ football teams win enough games to be eligible for
a bowl appearance. Bowl organizers are negotiating with Navy for a return trip
the following year.
No date has been set for the Holiday Bowl, which will be played sometime
between Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
- Poinsettia Bowl players to contend with wet turf
- Dobbs ends record-setting career with Navy
- BYU likely contenders in 2011 Poinsettia Bowl
- Organizers confirm SDSU will face Navy in Poinsettia Bowl
- Rivers, Gates and Dielman selected to 2011 Pro Bowl
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=36808