Three generations turn out for La Jolla cleanup
Three generations of La Jolla’s Roberts family showed up on Feb. 12 to assist with the cleanup along Girard Avenue organized by Esther Viti of the Nell Carpenter Beautification Committee.
She and volunteers work from 9 a.m. to noon, with signups at a table on Girard east of Prospect Street. Equipment and snacks are provided. She recently said she plans to hold the cleanups weekly “until Girard is beautiful.”
Viti, who has been spearheading monthly cleanups in the Village for years, recently told Town Council members she is separating from the council’s Streetscape Committee.
For information call (619) 742-1373.
- Esther Viti Day is Dec. 7; next La Jolla cleanup is Dec. 11
- Architects to headline La Jolla lecture series
- Firefighters arrive just in time to keep mud out of La Jolla home
- McMakin’s colorful mural unveiled in La Jolla
- Weather continues to pummel La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=36479