Bus gets caught on roundabout in La Jolla
A Metropolitan Transit Service bus driver headed north on La Jolla Boulevard in Bird Rock on Tuesday about 5:45 p.m. failed to negotiate a roundabout at Forward Street and got stuck, according to witnesses at the scene.
The bus partially knocked over a crosswalk sign and got caught in the median with its rear wheels dug into the curb. No one was injured, and it appeared there were not many passengers on board.
A large pickup truck was on the scene shortly afterwards, working to hoist the bus out.
Traffic heading south toward Pacific Beach was not interrupted. Cars heading north into the Village of La Jolla were being detoured onto La Jolla Hermosa Avenue.
- Torrey Pines Corridor meeting set for Feb. 24
- Roundabout reasoning revisited
- The ‘real’ Santa is in La Jolla
- La Jolla Shores Whitney project sent back for further environmental review
- Greyhound adoption event set for Saturday in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=36451