Jr. Theatre stages two children’s classics in March with La Jollans in the cast
Four La Jollans are among the casts of San Diego Junior Theatre’s March productions.
Julia Kate Ramsey, Nora Joyce and Natasha Chandler are performing in Roald Dahl’s “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” the beloved tale of a crafty critter that bamboozles three ornery farmers. Showtimes are 7 p.m. Fridays and 2 p.m. weekends March 4-20 at Balboa Park’s Casa del Prado Theatre.
Max Oilman-Williams is in “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” with performances 7 p.m. March 10, 12, 17 and 19 and 6 p.m. March 13 at Casa del Prado Theatre. Suitable for those age 12 or older, the musical comedy chronicles the angst of six quirky adolescents as they vie for the spelling championship of a lifetime.
Tickets, $8-$14, are available at juniortheatre.com or by calling (619) 239-8355.
Founded in 1948, San Diego Junior Theatre is the oldest youth theater in the country serving actors ages 4-18.
- Junior Theatre presents first-rate, first-grade comedy in La Jolla
- Powerful performances pack a punch in ‘Death of a Salesman’ at The Old Globe
- Gotta Dance! Gershwin-inspired cabaret show to premiere at Garfield Theater, JCC La Jolla
- It’s not a holiday without a little ‘Plaid Tidings’
- Young actors thrilled to be part of Old Globe’s ‘Grinch’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=36208