Athenaeum reception heralds the exhibits of two Mexican artists
These origami birds are a creation of Andres Blanco.
The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library in La Jolla hosted an opening reception on Feb. 18 for two exhibits — a retrospective of mixed-media works spanning four decades by renowned Mexican poet and artist Alberto Blanco (who celebrated his 60th birthday at the event with friends and family) and an interactive photo-assemblage by Tijuana-born commuter student Omar Pimienta. The exhibits are open to free, public viewing from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday; to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday through March 26. ljathenaeum.org
- San Diego’s ‘Best Dressed’ nominees enjoy benefit gala
- Darlington House gets all decked out for Christmas
- With a Ho Ho Ho! Santa steals the show!
- Wine-tasting event nets funds for La Jolla High
- Friends gather for benefit at Scripps Hospital
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=36138