J*Company stages musical ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’’
The J*Company Youth Theatre, a program of the San Diego Center for Jewish Culture, will present “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” Feb. 25-March 13 at the Garfield Theatre in La Jolla.
The musical tells the story of how, though beset with adversity, Joseph perseveres through wit, faith “and a rockin’ 21st century score” to become the governor of Egypt, second in command only to the Pharaoh.
Jason Chase directs the production that stars Daniel Myers, 18, of High Tech High as Joseph, along with 18 other local students in supporting roles, including David Ahmadian, Alexander Barwin, Talia Berkstein, Evan Bramberg, Samuel Brogadir, Cameron Chang, Jacob Davis, Jonathan Edzant, Emily Hoolihan, Mady Maio, Michael McDaniel, Rebecca Myers, Scott Peterson, Ethan Rappaport, Ashlen and Darien Sepulveda, Joshua Shtein and Megan Spector.
If you go
What: “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”
When: 8 p.m. Feb. 26, March 5 and 12; 1 and 4:30 p.m. Feb. 27, March 6 and 13; 7 p.m. March 10
Where: Garfield Theatre, Jewish Community Center, 4126 Executive Drive, La Jolla
Tickets: $14-$16. (858) 362-1348. www.sdcjc.org/jcompany
- J*Company Youth Theatre premiere explores the girl who was Anne Frank
- Rock musical cheers age ‘13’ with story about growing up from J*Company
- J*Company bows to tradition in its ‘Fiddler on the Roof’
- Meet the Moxies behind San Diego Moxie Theatre at premiere of ‘Toughest Girl Alive’
- ‘Ruined’: Powerful, poignant Playhouse production packs a punch
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=36129