UCSD baseball teams up with TERI
The UCSD Triton baseball team recently hosted a game for youngsters from TERI, the Training Education & Research Institute.
TERI aims is “to improve the quality of life for children and adults with developmental and learning disabilities … serving individuals who have needs which cannot be met by other existing programs,” according to its website.
“The partnership between the UCSD Triton baseball team and TERI is so special. As kids, we dream of walking onto a professional baseball field and this is such a thrill for the TERI team to be able to play with the Tritons,” Cheryl Kilmer, TERI CEO and founder, said. ‘Coach Dan O’Brien is so value-driven and this is evident in the UCSD players.”
O’Brien said the experience with the TERI group “ is one of our favorite days of the year. While we love playing baseball, it’s the life skills that our kids learn in this program that matter the most. They’re recognizing how lucky they are to be doing what they’re doing, and get to provide incredible service to the community and the TERI organization.”
- Training, Education & Research Institute teams up with UCSD baseball team
- UCSD’s O’Brien Named NCAA Division II Baseball Coach of the Year
- Sports roundup: La Jolla Country Day wins CIF cross-country title
- Football playoff set, Bishop’s secures No. 1 seed
- Torreys edge out La Jolla for CIF tennis title
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=35771