Delta pilot leads of Bird Rock career program
First Officer Naviaux, father of Christophe Naviaux, visited the B-8 class of Scholars at Bird Rock Elementary School on Feb. 7 to kick off visits from parents sharing their careers with their children in Ginny LaRowe’s fifth-grade class.
“It was an extraordinary opportunity for the students to listen first-hand to an experienced pilot of Delta Airlines as he explained the history of his career and of flying,” LaRowe wrote in an e-mail.
Naviaux brought maps, charts, model airplanes and helicopters. He explained his years flying from a young student in college to joining the Marines (he is still in the Marine Reserves, and working for Delta Airlines. He stayed for questions and answers for an extra 25 minutes.
On top of that, he gave each student Delta wing pins.
- Bird Rock fifth graders get reporting tips from La Jolla Light editor
- Bird Rock students show their PJ spirit
- Bird Rock fifth-graders celebrate the holidays
- Bird Rock Elementary School takes in ‘Symphonic Circus’
- La Jolla gets into Halloween
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=35517