Quake rattles Idyllwild, Hemet
A magnitude 3.7 earthquake, centered in the mountains between Hemet and Idyllwild, hit the Inland Empire and northern San Diego County at 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
Automated seismographs operated by the USGS placed the epicenter about 7 miles west of Idyllwild and 9 miles east of Hemet.
It was felt as a strong jolt in Palm Springs, about 20 miles to the east.
Persons in Carlsbad, Temecula, Riverside, and Coachella as well as elsewhere in western Riverside and northern San Diego counties. logged onto a USGS website to report feeling it.
- 4.6 quake rattle East County, Imperial Valley
- Sunday morning quake rattles eastern part of county
- 3.8 quake hit south of Mexicali Sunday
- DUI arrests, traffic deaths down over New Years’s weekend
- Oceanside-San Clemente rail line work will have weekend passengers on buses
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=35443