La Jolla’s Bloomers Flowers plants roots in new location
Bloomers of La Jolla, long a fixture on Torrey Pines Road, has moved to a new spot at 7520 Eads Ave., just off Pearl Street.
Kristen Tebbetts, owner of the floral shop, and manager/designer Melissa Orth say the new home away from the busy street seems to be a hit with customers. Bloomers, which has been in La Jolla for 25 years, opened in the new space in January.
The shop now has a 200-square-foot cooler — they didn’t have one at all at their old spot — and a larger area for the staff and a quiet, indoors sales area. They still offer the “flower-stand” so people can pick out fresh flowers, Orth noted, and they also have full design capability for custom arrangements as well as weddings and other large events, Tebbetts said.
- La Jolla’s village business owners mixed on impact of art, wine fest
- Scientists, fishermen debate impact of larger marine protected areas
- Esther Viti Day is Dec. 7; next La Jolla cleanup is Dec. 11
- Promote La Jolla settlement signed, tensions remain
- UCSD Founders’ Day event draws a crowd
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=35395