Letter to the Editor: Words of praise and hope
We want to acknowledge the efforts of folks from the community who have stepped forward to help establish the La Jolla Village Merchants Association (LJVMA). The business community owes its appreciation to the three formative working groups.
Maureen and I want to direct special thanks to the Bylaws Working Group. This group has met for more than 30 hours to write and critically refine this important 12-page document.
La Jolla needs more organized special events, advertising, and promotion. We are sad to see that this past month a half dozen businesses have ceased operations, including Trattoria Acqua and Cafe Uropa. We note that almost no one came to the village from the PGA tournament last week. We hope that LJVMA can bring needed improvements to beautify and enervate the Business Improvement District.
Egon Kafka and Maureen Murphy
La Jolla Village Lodge
- Our View: Show La Jolla’s business group’s candidates you care: Vote
- Opinion: Don’t complain if you don’t participate
- Opinion: Working together the best way to improve La Jolla
- Opinion: What would Ellen Browning Scripps do?
- OPINION: Cyclists use roundabouts, too
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=35284