Experian chief to headline UCSD Economics RoundtablePress Release
UCSD launches its 2011 Economics Roundtable series on Feb. 7 with a talk by Experian North America Chief Executive Officer Victor Nichols.
His presentation, “Viewing the Recession Through the Lens of Consumer Data,” is the first of four programs in the series. Held at the UCSD Faculty Club, each session begins at 7:30 a.m. with continental breakfast.
Nichols, a 1978 UCSD graduate who has an MBA in finance from UC Berkeley, became CEO of Experian North America in January. Prior to his appointment he was CEO United Kingdom and Europe, Middle East and Asia (EMEA) and leader of Experian’s marketing services practice globally. He joined Experian in early 2007 with 27 years of experience in the fields of finance and technology.
Future Economics Roundtable speakers include:
• Barry Eichengreen, UC Berkeley economics professor, speaking about the international monetary system on April 22;
• Mark Jacobsen, UCSD economics professor whose topic is “From SUV to Electric Cars,” on July 22; and
• Carmen Reinhart, University of Maryland economics professor speaking on “After the Fall, on Oct. 20.
The $50.00 per person cost includes breakfast and parking; there is a 25 percent discount for a package for all four events.
- Engel & Volkers joins toy drive
- Torrey Pines Elementary School brings the Renaissance to life on Sunday
- CEO groups form alliance
- Bird Rock students Walk-N-Rock
- Vets in La Jolla share their stories of service
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=34788