UCSD celebrates Black History Month
Events this year will be amplified as part of the UC San Diego’s ongoing effort to enhance the campus climate and broaden the diversity of the campus community and curriculum, according to a press release.
In addition to signature events, such as the 9th Annual Scholarship Brunch and the Evening with the Stars, more events have been added, expanding the celebration into the month of March.
In line with the 50th anniversary of UCSD, the events are also highlighting “Barrier Breakers” — staff, faculty and students who have forged a path for African American on the campus.
A full listing of events can be found at: http://provost.ucsd.edu/blackhistorymonth/
- Consultants volunteer to help fix UCSD lifeguard tower
- UCSD gets NFL grant to study brain injuries
- La Jolla’s Print-O-Mat, Bishop’s School honored
- UCSD marks its golden anniversary with a gala for scholarships
- UCSD makes three 'best colleges' lists
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=34858