Troyer trial in Bird Rock crash rescheduled to March 21
A trial scheduled to begin Feb. 2 for Ronald Troyer, a La Jolla transient who is accused of driving his car onto a Bird Rock sidewalk and into Cass Street Café seriously injuring three teens and slightly injuring two adults seated inside the restaurant on Aug. 15, 2010, has been rescheduled to March 21.
A readiness conference is set for March 8 in Dept. 11, San Diego County Courthouse, 220 W. Broadway.
Troyer, 67, who has a history of drunk driving, has pleaded not guilty to one felony count of reckless driving causing injury, and two allegations that he caused great bodily injury to two other people. He was behind the wheel when his Chrysler plowed into the café.
- La Jolla teen crash victims recovering from their injuries
- La Jolla teen has fourth surgery as friends recover at home after Bird Rock crash
- Community turns out to support injured teens
- Suspect in La Jolla crash pleads not guilty
- Injured La Jolla teen's dad says 'system at fault' for allowing repeat offenders on streets
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=34760