Bird Rock Elementary students visit Petco
First graders from Bird Rock Elementary went on a field trip to Petco on Jan. 25 to learn about the animals they will be writing non-fiction reports about.
Their teacher, Lorraine Turner said, interest in the animal has a lot to do with their decisions about what they’ll report on.
“The students will write an introduction page, a descriptive page on what their animal looks like, to include, labeling of the animals body and unique features. Another page of their report will be on the animal’s habitat and diet,” she said.
Then, the last page will be “Fun Facts,” in which the students can share some interesting research items not included on previous pages. They will also write a table of contents page.
“This should be an informative and fun report on an animal from the pet store,” Turner added.
- All Hallows kindergarteners learn through competition
- Bird Rock fifth-graders celebrate the holidays
- Bird Rock student weighs in on San Diego’s cold summer
- Puerto Rican architect visits grandson’s La Jolla classroom
- Newcomers to Bird Rock Elementary mingle
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=34534