Opinion: Don’t forget safety in Torrey Pines Road plans
My concern with any project going forward, is that pedestrians are not given a false sense of security on Torrey Pines Road. The reality is that thousands of cars transit the road daily — this has been its main function for decades. The project addresses multiple areas where retaining walls and guard rails are overdue- the resulting improvement will vastly improve public safety and also the appearance of a major entrance to the village. Kudos to the volunteers who worked so hard to hash all that out — it will result in a great source of community pride when complete.
- Opinion: Time for an update on Torrey Pines Road project
- Opinion: Chelsea Avenue speeds need calming
- OPINION: Time for Caltrans to pick up
- Collision accents safety issues on Torrey Pines Road
- La Jolla traffic lights fixed — after city crew gets out of traffic mess
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=34003