On the Menu: Manhattan’s Cannelloni
Ingredients: Homemade pasta dough, ground beef, spices to your taste, spinach, and small can of tomato paste.
Directions: Roll out dough and cut into 4-inch by 8-inch sheets. Boil 2-3 minutes. Cook ground beef with spinach, salt, pepper, basil, bay leaves and a small can of tomato paste. Lay out pasta sheet and place 3 tablespoons of the mixture in the middle of the dough. Fold it over, making a rectangle stuffed pasta shell — as many as needed.
To serve: Heat cannelloni in microwave for one minute, place on top of hot marinara sauce and top with béchamel sauce. (Note: Béchamel sauce results from adding milk to a roux, a combination of butter and flour. When milk is added to the roux and cooked for a few minutes, it becomes béchamel sauce. Other ingredients may then be added in order to create other sauces.)
- On the Menu recipe: Piatti’s Basil Ricotta Ravioli
- Kick off your Super Bowl shindig with some Stompin’ Tex-Mex chili
- Go Green with these yummy ways to ‘recycle’ your turkey
- Tickets now on sale for Celebrate the Craft
- Chefs and foodies come together to ‘Celebrate the Craft’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=34156