Kudos to Calumet ParkKudos go to a bright spot along La Jolla’s coastline: Calumet Park, the popular pocket park in Bird Rock overlooking the Rock Pile surf spot. It’s a nice nod to what open space can do for the community, drawing people (and their pooches) out for a walk. It’s also known as a good spot for weddings. Don Schmidt, a La Jolla Historical Society member, said when the California Coastal Commision gave developer Robert L. Haniman a permit, “that was the last major piece of oceanfront there. He had to set aside area for public park space.”
The Light gives Kudos to businesses, property owners and institutions that do their part to make La Jolla beautiful. Send your suggestions to email@example.com.
- Kudos to La Jolla’s Burns Drugs, Bowers Jewelers
- New name, same mission for La Jolla parks and beaches group
- Kudos for polishing our Jewel: Tommy Bahama
- La Jolla family shares love of Halloween with neighbors
- Bank in La Jolla’s Vons robbed
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=33882