Video game crowd competes at UCSD
Gamers battled at UCSD on Saturday and Sunday at one of the largest video game tournaments in Southern California, competing for more than $7,000 worth of prizes.
The seventh annual Winter Game Fest featured more than 50 Gamecubes and Wii stations, 10 Playstation 3s, 16 Xbox 360 consoles, 100 computers and 20 projectors will run beginner-friendly games and professional video game tournaments. Competitors played in nine tournaments for games such as Super Smash Bros. Melee, Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, Halo Reach and Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography to head $25 million climate research project
- Students celebrate during UCSD International Week
- UCSD launches new guided tour
- Autopsy shows woman found in burning La Jolla car was slain
- La Jolla Hillel revisions aren’t enough for neighbors
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=33901