Tiger Woods enters Torrey Pines tournament
By City News Service
Tiger Woods has entered next week’s Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, his first appearance in the tournament since 2008, it was announced Wednesday.
Woods, whose career was derailed by injury and personal problems that led to a divorce, has won the event six times. He also won the 2008 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines.
The announcement was made on the official Web sites of both the tournament and Woods.
“I’m really looking forward to competing” he said on his Web site. “I’ve been working hard on my game, and I’m excited about 2011.”
His chief rival, Phil Mickelson, also entered to play in the tournament, which has events beginning next Monday with practice rounds.
- American Legion plans La Jolla Christmas party
- La Jolla Shores Whitney project sent back for further environmental review
- Greyhound adoption event set for Saturday in La Jolla
- Cast your votes now for Best of La Jolla
- La Jolla Bronco All-Stars played in the 'Zone'
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=33437