Rady Children’s Hospital to open new autism center
By City News Service
A grand opening celebration is scheduled for Thursday night at a new autism center at Rady Children’s Hospital.
The $1 million Autism Discovery Center will have space for research, diagnosis and treatment of patients, and a school.
Children have been using the center since the first of the year. The 11,685-square-foot center is designed to handle 90 kids on an out-patient basis.
There are only two other facilities like it in the United States.
- Rady Children's Hospital tapped to run pediatric unit at Palomar Pomerado
- Governor reappoints Duane Roth, CEO of CONNECT, to oversight committee
- Officials urge residents to get whooping cough vaccinations
- Author celebrates recovery with bike ride from La Jolla to Encinitas
- Scripps glaciologist wins Muse Prize
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=32903