Downed tree blocks southbound traffic on Torrey Pines Road near Throat
A large eucalyptus tree toppled over in today’s storm about 2:30 p.m. blocking southbound traffic heading down from UCSD on Torrey Pines Road to the bottom of the hill near La Jolla’s “Throat” intersection, said San Diego Police Lt. Jim Filley.
“It’s a huge tree, probably six feet in diameter at the trunk,” said Filley, estimating it will likely take four to six hours before it’s removed.
“No one can come down the hill,” he added.
Filley said northbound traffic heading up the hill toward UCSD was not affected.
He added the eucalyptus came down in the same general area north of Pottery Barn where other trees fell during the winter storm last week. It is reportedly near the condominium complex near the bottom of the hill.
- Weather continues to pummel La Jolla
- Police diverting traffic in La Jolla due to downed trees
- Collision accents safety issues on Torrey Pines Road
- La Jolla traffic lights fixed — after city crew gets out of traffic mess
- Two-car collision causes pileup on Torrey Pines Road
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=31937