Jump in for La Jolla’s Polar Bear Swim
The free event, open to all-comers, starts at 10 a.m. near the La Jolla Shores lifeguard tower. Some will jump in and out as quickly as you can say “polar bear” while the hardier types join club members for a two-mile swim.
Regular cove swimmers advise people to stay within their limits while they enjoy the fun, which might include swimmers in costumes.
The celebration is mostly geared toward swim club members, but the general public is invited. Afterwards, there’s a chili-heavy potluck lunch at Kellogg Park.
Whatever they wear, participants find it a good way to dive into the New Year.
- New name, same mission for La Jolla parks and beaches group
- La Jolla Country Market burglarized, safe stolen
- Students celebrate during UCSD International Week
- UCSD to mark Founder’s Day on Thursday
- As Promote La Jolla settlement nears, new group taking shape
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=31717