La Jolla battered overnight by storm
Rain kept hammering already drenched San Diego County for a fifth consecutive day Wednesday, flooding homes, businesses and roadways across the region and keeping emergency crews busy with rescues and hundreds of traffic accidents.
Weather-related problems in La Jolla include:
- Tree in road partially blocking La Jolla Village Drive, just east of La Jolla Scenic North at UCSD
- Heavy water flows coming off the hill at Torrey Pines Road, east of Prospect Street
Southbound Torrey Pines Road closed at Torrey Pines Road had been closed down Wednesday morning, but was reopened at 12:20 p.m.
The downpours, part of a unusually wet storm pattern that began Friday, was expected to continue through the evening and persist on and off into the midweek, according to the National Weather Service.
Click here for more on the weather conditions and roadway damage.
- Vehicle break-ins at La Jolla Shores condo complex upset resident
- Bird Rock council hears plea to change parade’s name
- Bird Rock artist picks up a good cause
- Crews at work clearing brush in La Jolla
- UCSD Chancellor’s Medal going to longtime university supporters
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=31378