Scripps Health reveals top online search questions
By City News Service
The information people searched for the most this year on the Internet site of Scripps Health involved maternity issues, the hospital system announced Monday.
“New and expectant parents are doing more research online than ever,” said Polly King, a nurse and maternal child health patient care manager with Scripps Health, where about 10,000 babies are born annually.
“Parents are increasingly interested in the information available online, from lactation assistance and prenatal classes to weekly healthy baby e-mails,” she said.
Also making the list of Top 10 search terms on Scripps.org in 2010 were:
- urgent care;
- physical therapy;
- flu shots;
- integrative medicine;
- pharmacy; and
The Scripps Web site offers information about its hospitals and services, along with articles on nutrition, disease, tests, symptoms and other topics.
- Scripps hospital fined for leaving surgical towel in patient
- Scripps Health receives grant to study electronic knee
- Author celebrates recovery with bike ride from La Jolla to Encinitas
- New anti-gravity treadmill being tested at Scripps
- Scripps professor receives NIH Director's Pioneer Award
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=31167