Opinion: La Jolla needs recipe for success
Hold your breath and swallow hard. In order to improve business and regain the Village charisma, consider the following:
- Reduce rents in the business area.
- Merchants can then reduce the prices of their goods.
- Merchants should match competitive mall prices.
- Villagers must get into the act and buy in La Jolla.
- Merchants would begin to sell products made in the U.S.A.
Suppose we aim to make La Jolla famous by selling products made in America. We could advertise and become known countrywide as the “Patriotic City.” This new demand by the people would bring manufacturers back to the states and an economic revolution would begin. The news media could certainly help make this a success.
If this project is a success, La Jolla will sparkle again on the map and its fame and charm will increase tenfold. In order for this to happen, all the villagers must participate in this resolution.
Let’s get on the bandwagon.
La Jolla resident since 1953
- OPINION: La Jollan shares what an FBI agent taught him
- OPINION: Look forward to a new La Jolla BID
- OPINION: Citywide BID Council working with city council to restore La Jolla business group
- OPINION: Pet poo can destroy paradise
- OPINION: A proposal for a ‘stimulus tax’ for our state
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=31082