Art works sought for ‘small’ show in Balboa Park
The call is out to artists for submissions to the Spanish Village Art Center’s 36th annual Small Image Show in Balboa Park.
This year, organizers are mixing it up a bit by expanding the size and having an additional category. Deadline for submissions is Jan 10.
The juror will be Rob Sidner, who is in his 18th year at Mingei International Museum.
The show runs from Jan. 28 to Feb. 21 with a reception at 4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 29. Prizes are: Category I (12-inch works) $300 for first place, $200 for second, and $100 for third; Category 2 (6-inch works) $150 for first place, $100 for second, and $50 for third. There will also be a $100 Leslie von Kolb Memorial Award.
Details and entry forms at www.gallery21art.com.
- Art exhibit at Gotthelf Gallery will examine Jewish literary figures of film
- European designs star at museum benefit
- Mingei hosts retrospective of Zandra Rhodes’ textiles, designs
- National ‘Art and the Animal’ tour opens in park
- Sanders calls for suspension of public arts program
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=31084