Blackout lifted: Chargers-49ers game will be broadcast in San Diego
By City News Service
The television blackout was lifted Tuesday for Thursday’s football game at Qualcomm Stadium pitting the Chargers against the San Francisco 49ers.
Before a 24-hour extension, granted by the National Football League, was up late Tuesday, the local team had sold enough tickets to allow the game to be televised on Fox 5 San Diego, according to the Chargers.
Kickoff time is 5:20 p.m. The game will be called by Bob Papa, Joe Theismann and Matt Millen.
Fans are asked to arrive early and carpool to the stadium to avoid heavy traffic on Interstates 15 and 8.
- Blackout for Chargers-Broncos game lifted
- San Diego blackout lifted for Chargers-Patriots game
- Merriman placed on reserve-injured list
- Chargers claim cornerback from Houston, waive Bingham
- La Jolla golf tournament held in honor of United Cerebral Palsy volunteer
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=30838