Power outage backs up traffic on Torrey Pines Road
A car crashing into electrical power equipment at 1:15 a.m. this morning led to a power outage which included traffic signals being down in an area of La Jolla in the vicinity of Torrey Pines Road and Prospect Place.
“A car crashed into some of our equipment on Viking Way and Torrey Pines Road at 1:15 a.m. That caused an outage to about 2,600 customers,” said Allison Zarigoza, SDG&E spokeswoman. “By 3 a.m. we had it isolated and the majority of those customers were back on line leaving about 300 without service, including some stop lights in the La Jolla area which had traffic backed up.”
The San Diego Police Department reported traffic signals and power were knocked out east of Draper Avenue to Cabrillo Avenue south of Coast Boulevard and Genter Street.
Zaragoza said power was expected to be restored by 12:30 or 1 p.m.
- Collision accents safety issues on Torrey Pines Road
- La Jolla traffic lights fixed — after city crew gets out of traffic mess
- Two-car collision causes pileup on Torrey Pines Road
- Join the parade, fun at La Jolla Shores Fall Fest on Sunday
- Campaign launched for La Jolla holiday lights
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=30740