Young athletes descend on La Jolla for All Star soccer tournament
The Division IV All Star goalie for the 12-under team kicks the ball out into the field. The La Jolla Black team lost to Poway United, 5-0.
On Saturday, players from 68 teams around the county turned out for the Second Annual Recreational All Star Tournament. Games, played at Allen Field, Cliffridge, Torrey Pines Elementary, JCC and Muirlands Middle School, featured clubs from La Jolla, AYSO, Del Mar Sharks, Escondido, Lakeside, Poway, PQYSA, PYSL, Ramona, Scripps and Solana Beach.
Registration for La Jolla Youth Soccer’s spring leagues will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Jan. 8-9 and from 4 to 6 p.m. on Jan. 19 at Allen Field.
- Rain or shine, La Jolla Youth Soccer plays on
- Young surfers join WindanSea tradition
- La Jolla soccer tourney draws 3,000 youths
- La Jolla's Clark brothers come home with water polo medals
- Shores water polo team wins national Jr. Olympics title
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=30426