Big Brothers/Big Sisters ready for its 50th year in the county
Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego County honored 11 of its original 24 founders from 1961 at its annual fundraiser Oct. 21 at the Hyatt Regency in La Jolla. The sold-out benefit launched the 50th year of Big Brothers Big Sisters in the county. The Legacy Award was presented to former California Governor and San Diego Mayor Pete Wilson, who also served in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Other event activities included a touching reunion between a BBBS mentor and his former “Little” in the program who just returned from serving two tours in Iraq with the U.S. Army.
BBBS reached its goal of raising more than $450,000 for local mentoring programs. Learn more at SDBigs.org or by calling (858) 536-4900.
- Gala guests reveal that Bugsy sent ‘em
- Art and Wine Festival a treat for the senses
- Autumn brings a bountiful harvest to La Jolla’s Open Aire Market
- From La Jolla With Love — MCASD gala a hit with guests
- Newcomers kick off year at Beach & Tennis Club party
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=30343