Anthony Allegretti named top newspaper executiveThe president and CEO of the company that owns the Light was honored on Dec. 5 as the “Newspaper Executive of the Year” by the California Press Association.
Anthony “Tony” Allegretti received the award during the organization’s 133rd annual Winter Meeting in San Francisco.
Allegretti has headed the Gilroy-based MainStreet Media Group since forming the company in 2003. In San Diego County, the company is now known as MainStreet Communications. Locally, the company also owns publications in Del Mar, Carmel Valley, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Poway, Rancho Bernardo and Ramona.
Allegretti has more than 30 years of community newspaper experience, including senior-level positions with Pacific-Sierra Publishing, Park Communications, Ingersoll Publications and MediaNews Group. He is the immediate past president of the California Newspaper Association.
- Light’s new website designed ‘with La Jollans in mind’
- La Jolla team working to preserve newspaper collection
- Regents OK budget for UCSD project
- New name, same mission for La Jolla parks and beaches group
- La Jollan joins downtown law firm
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=30379