Governor reappoints Duane Roth, CEO of CONNECT, to oversight committeeBy City News Service
The chairman and CEO of Alliance Pharmaceutical Corp. was reappointed Friday by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, for which he has served as a member since 2006 and as vice chairman since 2009.
Duane Roth, of La Jolla, has been the chief executive officer of CONNECT — a private consortium dedicated to commercializing research discoveries — since 2004.
Roth, 61, was president of Analytab Products and Sherwood Medical Products for American Home Products from 1984 to 1985.
The position, for which he will receive $100 per diem in compensation, does not require Senate confirmation.
- University of Alberta honors La Jolla’s Lillian Fishman
- Surfboard Science: UCSD students develop data on the speed of surfing
- Frank Garland, UCSD professor known for studying vitamin D-cancer link, dies
- La Jolla institute probes mysteries of the human immune system
- Salmonella infections due to tainted eggs increase
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=30091