Doris Lee McCoy will address Circumnavigators Club on Dec. 9 in La Jolla
The Pacific Southwest Chapter of the Circumnavigators Club welcomes members and guests to its next dinner meeting, 6 p.m. Dec. 9 at La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club, 2000 Spindrift Dr., La Jolla.
Speaker/author/traveler Doris Lee McCoy of La Jolla will discuss her recent visit to Bhutan, which included a visit with Queen Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck. McCoy put her thoughts about the trip into a new paperback, “The Magic of Gross National Happiness.” The book explores the reasons why Bhutan is “the eighth happiest nation in the world,” said McCoy. “America stands at 23rd; England at 41st.”
Tickets are $40 per person. For more details, call Arthur Hammons at (619) 851-0202.
- Friends like the look of new Jockey wear lines
- La Jolla Historical Society hosts its first student photo contest
- Time to register for Underwater Pumpkin Carving benefit in La Jolla Shores, Oct. 30
- La Jolla’s ‘Gem’ of the week: Just for Beach Babes
- La Jolla students light up the night
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=29717