County to mail back $1.3M in property tax refunds
By City News Service
The county of San Diego is about to mail $1.3 million in property tax refunds to around 1,500 landowners, it was announced Wednesday.
The refunds are the result of reassessments that lower a property’s value, generally after a home is sold in a depressed housing market. Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister said one property owner will be
receiving a check for $9,971.78. The smallest check will be for $10, he said.
“We could not start the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in a better way,” McAllister said. “I am certain these refunds will brighten the San Diego taxpayers that receive them.” He hastened to add that a refund from a prior bill does not allow a property owner to ignore the current bill.
- Cooler temperatures expected today
- Laptop stolen from Republic Party's county headquarters
- Three San Diego bank robberies in one day apparently unrelated
- A closer look at officials' salaries
- SDG&E reminds customers to call 811 before digging
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=29353