San Diego Superior Court seeks 19 to serve on grand jury
By City News Service
The San Diego Superior Court is looking for 19 area residents to serve on the 2011-12 grand jury, it was announced Friday.
The panel investigates citizen complaints and serves as a watchdog over public agencies.
Prospective grand jurors must be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen who has lived in San Diego County for at least one year and be proficient in the English language. Candidates will go through a criminal background check.
Grand jurors will work six hours per day, four days per week, from July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012. They will receive a small daily stipend, and the county will pay for mileage and parking.
The applications are due by Jan. 14.
- Registrar seeks election poll workers
- Longtime owner has been around horses since he was 10
- Hundreds turn out for I-5 town hall forum in Solana Beach
- Sunday morning quake rattles eastern part of county
- One killed, four injured in light plane crash in Tierrasanta
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=28930