UCSD salutes veterans
Billiekai Boughton, UCSD’s 2010 Veteran of the Year, was honored during the 11th annual Veterans Recognition Ceremony on Nov. 10 at UCSD Moores Cancer Center.
The event honored injured servicemen and women, supported by the Warrior Foundation, a nonprofit formed to help seriously injured military personnel through rehabilitation in the San Diego area. Boughton , a U.S. Army vet who served during Operation Desert Storm as a communications specialist, works at UCSD’s Supercomputer Center. She was honored for her contributions working with the Veterans Association at UCSD helping veterans transitioning out of service.
The Warrior Foundation is working to create Freedom Station, an all-purpose care facility for wounded veterans at Balboa Naval Hospital. UCSD has been ranked among the top 15 percent of the nation’s military-friendly schools by G. I. Jobs magazine for embracing veterans as students.
- UCSD launches new guided tour
- Surfboard Science: UCSD students develop data on the speed of surfing
- Frank Garland, UCSD professor known for studying vitamin D-cancer link, dies
- UCSD makes three 'best colleges' lists
- Hillel submits plan for smaller La Jolla center near UCSD
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=6362