UCSD chancellor to be honored at White HousePresident Barack Obama will honor the 2009 recipients of the National Medal of Science, including UCSD Chacenllor Marye Anne Fox in an awards ceremony at the White House on Nov. 17.
Fox is one of the 10 eminent researchers and only San Diegan to receive the National Medal of Science, the highest honor bestowed by the United States government on scientists, engineers and inventors. The ceremony will be carried live by satellite feed and webcast on the White House website at www.whitehouse.gov/live.
Fox, a nationally recognized chemist and academic leader, was named the seventh chancellor of UCSD in April 2004. Since then, she pledged to increase the university’s stature by building on its three pillars of strength: innovation and discovery, interdisciplinary scholarship and international leadership, helping ensure UC San Diego is preparing the next generation of science leaders and innovator
- Speeches, ceremonies to salute Veterans Day in La Jolla
- La Jolla surfers develop iPhone app
- UCSD Chancellor’s Medal going to longtime university supporters
- Riders cross La Jolla Shores finish line after 620-mile Million Dollar Challenge
- La Jolla unit covers Pacific Beach vehicle fire
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=6314