Torrey Pines Elementary goes online with holiday auction
This year, to raise educational funds for Torrey Pines Elementary School, committee members are trying something new — an eBay-style auction of goods and services items that have been donated by merchants and businesses.
Traditionally the TPES Foundation has held a spring gala with an auction of student art and teacher’s outings as well as a silent auction. This year, they’re still planning the spring event but moved the silent auction online, said Renee Kenagy, foundation president.
Proceeds will fund class size reduction, the literacy writing program, PE, music and art programs.
Kenagy said items worth more than $100,000 have been donated, ranging from toys and spa packages to jewelry and getaways.
To see the item descriptions, visitors need to sign in and create an account. Once logged in, they can even create a “wish list.” Go to www.torreypineselementary.org and click on holiday online auction.
Purchased items will be available for pick up from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 2 at the school’s front desk.
- Torrey Pines Elementary School brings the Renaissance to life on Sunday
- School trustees consider new policy for on-campus recruiters
- Padres’ Adrian Gonzalez pays visit to Bird Rock school
- Gillispie School students get an unexpected science lesson
- La Jolla Elementary School students go for fun
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=6248