UCSD gets $1 million for Amgen Scholars program
To be distributed over four years, this is the second phase of the program, which launched in 2006 as an initiative to advance science learning and inspire the next generation of scientists. Applications from undergraduate students are now being accepted for the 2011 Amgen Scholars program. Thirty students majoring in fields related to biotechnology will participate in summer research, seminars and a symposium where students will share their own research projects and meet leading industry and academic scientists from throughout the region.
An addition the the program is travel awards that will assist Amgen Scholar alumni enrolled in masters, Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D. programs to share their research at scientific conferences.
UCSD is one of 10 partner universities involved in the program.
For more information about Amgen Scholars or an application, to to www.amgenscholars.com.
- La Jolla’s Birch Aquarium gets Sempra donation
- FireSight project launches using Calit2 technology
- UCSD makes three 'best colleges' lists
- Former San Diegan accused of being part of Somali terrorist group
- Council postpones hearing on sales-tax measure
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5890